Monday, January 7, 2013

Ready, Set, Here We Go...

After meeting with my Administration Team, I got the reaffirming nod to move full speed ahead with my Flipped Math Class. In hind sight, all members were actually very supportive and excited to experience this movement with me and offered me nothing but positive encouragement.

And so I sit here the day before the implementation begins and ponder where this experience as taken me already and imagine the possibilities of where I can go - all in the name of helping my students experience my classroom in a different light. While we spent the previous three class periods modeling how our new classroom experience will work, I know there will be bumps along the way.

Most of my students seem very eager to use their class time more freely. Most are encouraged by how much time will be available for help, not only from me but classmates as well. Yet, I know I must be consistent in my expectations for their free time. I did find a unique resource that suggested having students write down 3-4 tasks they wish to complete each day to help them remain focused. A radical idea that works for me all the time.

So as I begin this experience (for a 2nd time but with a new school), I look forward to sharing my experience with anyone that will listen or read. I know I have become much more active in sharing my knowledge and experience via Twitter and my PLN network of teachers. Don't hesitate to contact me with any questions, comments, or suggestions.

Afterall, OUR goal for ALL students ought to be the same - pushing them to limits they never knew they could reach and encouraging them along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment